Legal aspects of membership
ECSA Austria was founded in 1996 as an association according to Austrian law. Membership is regulated in the §§ 4 to 7 of the statutes. According to these regulations, individuals as well as legal entities can become member of the association, if they can proof to have worked in the field of European integration without pursuing economic interest. There are two types of membership: Ordinary and extra-ordinary (i.e. sponsors).
How to apply for membership
Pursuant to § 5.2. of the statutes, written applications for membership have to be accepted by ECSA Austria's board. To apply, just send an e-mail to the secretariat, indicating the following information:
- first name (please write out in full)
- academic title
- professional title
- institutional affiliation
- contact address
- phone (also secretariat) and fax numbers
- e-mail address
- URL of your website, if available
- academic discipline (political, legal, historical, social sciences, economics, etc., if applicable)
- present research and work focus (please be precise: this will help us to promote the scientific co-operation among the members of ECSA Austria)
- kind of membership (ordinary or a extraordinary|sponsoring member)
- a declaration that you agree with electronic processing of your data
ECSA Austria assures that your data will only be duly processed in order to achieve the aims of the association, in particular for mailings and for the establishment of contacts between ECSA members. Among others, the publication of the data in the world-wide accessible membership directory is forseen. If you do not agree with putting your data in this list in the internet, we would ask you to say so explicitly.
The secretariat will send you a confirmation of receipt by e-mail. Your application for membership will then be forwarded to the executive board, and finally you will receive a written confirmation of your membership. This letter will also include a paying-in slip for your membership fee. From then on, you will receive all mailings of ECSA Austria and can participate at all ECSA events under the sometimes special conditions for members.
From 2005 onwards, the membership fee is 20.00 € p.a. for individuals as ordinary members, 40.00 € p.a. for legal entities as ordinary members, and from 200.00 € p.a. onwards for extra-ordinary members.